12 December 2009

Bowling

Last weekend I played in the Championship Pairs at the Greytown Bowling Club. I wasn't supposed to but one of the ladies hurt her hand badly and couldn't play. On Friday night we got a phone call to ask if I would play. With trepidation I asked whom I was to partner. " Oh No!! One of the gun bowlers of the club!!"

The next morning bright eyed and bushy tailed I went down and got my bowls out ready to do battle. We played well the first game but alas drew the top pair, eventual winners, in the next game and lost. As one has two lives we needed to win the next game. We were 11 to 13 down with one end to play. Although we had the shot bowl on the last end we couldn't get one to draw and have another end or even two more to win. Oh well my first experience of match play.

Tomorrow is another day!!! Oh bother it really is. Today was to be the singles but it rained very heavily last night and early this morning and very windy so they postponed it until tomorrow. Oh well more of that later.

Mum

PS Maybe the photographer will be in attendance tomorrow.

No comments: